We have an exclusive license & supply agreement with Aqua Aero in the Netherlands for their coil coating technology. They have over 25 years of experience in the manufacture of specialised coating products and Bluchem has unlimited access to their technical support and consultancy.
BluGuard™ Coil Protection is a one component metallic impregnated anti-corrosion coating specifically designed for the protection of coils situated in corrosive areas. Coils will have a permanent, water-based synthetic coating with BluGuard™ applied to all coating surface areas without material bridging between fins. This coating process will ensure a uniform dry film thickness of 25 microns and the high pressure application ensures excellent coverage of the aluminium/copper interface. A 20% content of crushed aluminium flake established heat conductivity with negligible interference on the pressure drop across the heat exchanger coil.
BluGuard™ Coil Protection has been subject to accelerated testing by COT Independent Test Laboratory in Haarlem, Netherlands. They have over 70 years of experience in testing, consulting and quality control, specialising in coatings and corrosion prevention. (http://www.cot-nl.com/en/welcome/welcome.html)
The testing carried out is to satisfy all HVAC/R requirements, but we are able to specifically test unique conditions and exposures on request.
1. ASTM B117 – is a Salt Spray (Fog) Test is used to evaluate the relative corrosion resistance of coated and uncoated materials exposed to a salt spray or fog at an elevated temperature. Real world comparison – every one thousand hours roughly equates to one year of exposure to a marine type environment (subject to Bluchem Maintenance Requirements)
2. ASTM G 85 annex 5 – is a Dilute Electrolyte Cyclic Fog/Dry Test and referred to as the PROHESION Test. The test solution is acidic. Real world comparison – every one thousand hours roughly equates to one year of exposure to a industrial type environment (subject to Bluchem Maintenance Requirements)
3. Kesternich SFW 2,0 S – samples are exposed to an atmosphere of 100% relative humidity and gaseous SO2 at an increased temperature (40° C) for 8 hours. Real world comparison – every one 10 cycles roughly equates to one year of exposure to a industrial type environment (subject to Bluchem Maintenance Requirements)
4. Cycle Exchange ISO 20340 - is intended to be a more realistic way to perform salt spray tests than traditional, steady-state exposures, so testing patterns cycle between wet and dry conditions. Real world comparison – the test is carried out over 6 months and reflects 3 years exposure to the sun and salt conditions.
5. Taber Abraser – is a test for accelerated wear resistance. Wear Cycles Per Mil (0.001 inch) are used to express abrasion cycles required to wear through a coating of a known thickness. Real world comparison – reflects the coatings ability to resist abrasion from windborn sand and debris.
6. Flexibility ISO 1519 -test procedure for assessing the resistance of a coating product to cracking and/or detachment from a metal. Real world comparison – reflects the coatings ability to resist delamination due to the expansion and contraction of HVAC/R metals due to temperature fluctuations.
An external clear coat is applied to the unit panels / cabinets to offer protection against units located in severe environmental conditions. Based on polyurethane / siloxane resin and is modified with epoxy / acrylic additives, the coating has excellent gloss retention, durability and chemical resistance. It can be applied on top of factory powder coating as well as corroded surfaces. We offer a 2 year conditional warranty on coated panels.
The treatment we offer is a clear protective coating that forms a conformal polyurethane coating that insulates electrical equipment and seals out water and moisture over printed circuit boards. The coating resists high temperatures and is abrasion resistent. Heat sinks, fuses and test buttons are masked off and then a minimum of 4 coats are applied to all exposed areas of the PC board.